The Irene E. & George A. Davis Foundation supports a variety of nonprofit organizations seeking to improve the quality of life for those residing in Hampden County, with particular focus in the areas of education and early literacy.
The Foundation’s investments in the community are designed to improve outcomes and life prospects for our region’s youngest citizens through strategic supports in the critical areas of early childhood and education PreK-16.
In order to serve as an agent of change, the Davis Foundation believes it is essential to incorporate a multi-disciplinary approach to its work.
Change strategies used by the Foundation include:
- A targeted, strategic grantmaking program focused largely on young children and their families, but also emphasizing engagement in education PreK-16 and other catalyzing community initiatives
- Convening stakeholders to foster opportunities for networking and organizing on critical community issues
- Engaging in public policy and advocacy in support of issues critical to the success of children, youth and families
- Investing in study, research and data collection to inform the Foundation's work and the work of its partners and stakeholders
- Employing strategic communications strategies to build public awareness, engagements and resolve
- Leveraging the Foundation's efforts by working to connect local, state and national public and private resources in support of critical issues facing Hampden County